Specialty Sales Manager
Specialty Sales Manager
Thames & Kosmos (T&K) is looking for a hard-working, professional, and smart individual to join our rapidly growing company. Our mission is to inspire hands-on-learning, critical thinking, advanced problem solving, and other important life skills by publishing high-quality science experiment kits, board games, magic sets, and globes. Our expert team (including some office dogs!) is headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island and is responsible for all areas of our wholesale distribution business, including sales, marketing, customer service, and end-user technical support. Thames & Kosmos is a place where is creativity is valued, teamwork is essential, and hard work is recognized.
This full-time position is based in our Providence office and reports to the Director of Sales.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing growth within the specialty and independent channels.
- Responding promptly and professionally to incoming wholesale and retail customer inquiries via phone and email.
- Acquiring and applying comprehensive product knowledge of our entire catalog and company.
- Attending and coordinating the logistics for tradeshows, gift shows, consumer shows, and/or customer meetings (i.e. shipments, housing, transportation); moderate travel and physical labor required.
- Organizing trade show notes, contact information, and action items.
- Serving as liaison between external sales reps and our internal customer service team.
- Managing sales rep performance and goals.
- Executing paperwork and other administrative tasks related to customer and item setup and maintenance.
- Cultivating new relationships from sales leads and other customer
- Generating sales documents, reports, training tools, and other supporting materials.
- Overseeing sample shipments.
- Assisting with the on-going follow-up for accounts, franchises, catalogs, and buying
- Assisting with Key Accounts and House accounts, as necessary.
- Assisting with the creation of planograms.
- Assisting with the management of promotional calendars.
- Assisting with email blasts and other marketing initiatives.
We are looking for an individual with these qualities:
- Minimum 2 years account management experience within toy, gift, or related consumer products industry.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; nuance and diplomacy are a must.
- Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but knows when to appropriately bring management team into the decision-making process.
- Fast learner; can learn, retain, and apply information quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to remain calm, positive, and effective in high-energy, high-expectation situations of urgency.
- High-degree of computer literacy; must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP Business 1 and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full company-paid health insurance & Generous vacation and sick day policy
- 401K with company match after 1 year of employment
- Gym membership reimbursement plus other benefits
- Cover letter
- Salary history
- Email and phone number for three references. At least one of your three references must be a previous employer, manager, or supervisor.